Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. What are the Cambridge English Exams ?
These are designed to help you measure your progress in English. They can be used to prove your level of English for college or university, or to demonstrate your ability to an employer. These exams are good foundation to prepare for other international exams like SAT, TOEFL etc.
2. Are the certificates recognized by overseas universities as English language requirement for entrance, or would I still need to sit for either TOEFL of IELTS ?
Universities in Britain, North America and throughout the world accept the certificates awarded to successful candidates at CAE and CPE levels as evidence of an adequate standard of English for admission to undergraduate and post graduate degree courses. Furthermore, both IELTS and TOEFL qualifications have a validity period of two years whereas the Cambridge English certificates are valid for life.
3. What are the English course that can help me further my studies overseas ?
The Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) is designed to offer a high-level qualification to individuals who wish to use English for professional or study purposes. Apart from widespread corporate recognition, CAE is also accepted by a majority of educational institutions and universities in Britain, Australasia, and North America and around the world as fulfilling their English language entrance requirements.
4. I have paid exam fee but due to some reason, I do not want to sit for the Exam. Can I cancel my exam ?
Exam fee once submit will not refund in any case.
5. Can you shift exam fee paid for the coming exam to the next exam session ?
If you inform this change within one week of the day of exam registration, then we can shift the exam fee to the next session. However later than one week, it will not be possible.
6. If I miss one exam part (e.g. .Speaking), can I still go ahead and write other parts of my exam ?
You may still attend one part of the exam but please be aware that you will not receive result or certificate if you do not complete all the parts.
7. When will my results be available ?
Online results are declared around four to five weeks after the exam date.
As soon as your result is available, you will receive SMS from ALLEN on your listed mobile number posting your ID Number and Secret Number. This detail will enable you to see your result on Cambridge Site.
8. I am unable to login to see my results. Can you help ?
In order to see your result as soon as it is released, please follow these steps:
- Go to https://candidates.cambridgeenglish.org
- Click on REGISTER
- Enter your ID Number & Secret Number
- Enter your email address and a password of your choice (min. 8 characters)
- Confirm by clicking the SUBMIT button
- Login with your ID Number and the password you just created
9. When will I get my Cambridge English Exam Certificate ?
The certificates reach to us about 4 weeks later than the date of online result. We will update you regarding this through SMS. You may pick up your certificate from the exam centre location during office hours.
10. Where can I do a preparation course for a Cambridge exam ?
ALLEN Career Institute prepares for Cambridge Exams through its General English classes specially designed for this purpose. The Cambridge English Workshop is unique approach to English Language Teaching.